The dots/stripes were woven across the grain of the fabric, so I cut the main pieces of the skirt on the cross grain for vertical stripes and then cut the pockets with the grain for a little contrast and interest.
For the pocket closures, I used plain black zippers with silver metallic teeth that I found at the local JoAnn's and added some simple silver zipper pulls that I had in stash. I again made a shallower sub-pocket inside one of the larger outer pockets to be more accessible for my work keys and such, but again forgot to take a photo of that part.
This skirt is so fun--both to sew and to wear. Although it has a pretty distinctive look to it, I think there might be room for at least one more in my closet if the right fabric comes along or pops off the shelves of the fabric collection.
While searching out the photos of this skirt, I also came across photos of one of my last projects in 2012. I finally got around to making up the E-Shrug, a downloaded pattern from The SewingWorkshop. I made the lengthened version with long sleeves for a nice sweatery waterfall cardigan. The fabric is another colorway of the poly/cotton sweater knit from FabricMart that I used to make Vogue 8854 last fall.
I did get some time in the sewing room this last weekend--hopefully I can get some photos taken in the next day or so to post.