Saturday, November 10, 2012

One Last Vogue 1261 (maybe . . . )

After whipping up four versions of my Vogue 1261/SA Adele morph top in one weekend, I thought I should put the pattern away for awhile.  The other day, however, I was in JoAnns Fabrics to get buttons for another project and realized the red tag clearance section was an additional 50 percent off.  So I took a little look-see through the clearance racks, not really expecting to find anything.  Lo and behold, a bolt of kinda cool knit surfaced.  It is a double layer poly knit--gray opaque layered over a black sheer, then the gray is slashed to show the black.  The gray also is printed with a design of concentric circles.  I couldn't resist, so 2 yards came home with me.  The fabric went straight into the washer and dryer with the length of flannel I also bought (for new pajama pants).  As I pulled the knit out of the dryer and began to fold it up, it started telling me loudly that it wanted to be a Vogue 1261 tunic.  By the next day, I had granted its wish.  I'm really enjoying these tunic tops and think I will get a lot of use out of this one.  The black sections are sheer, so I will need to wear another top or tank underneath.


It's not often that a piece of fabric goes into and out of the collection with a 24-hour turn around time!!

I also wanted to thank all those who commented on my last post about these tops.  I really appreciate the positive support!

3 comments:

  1. I've learned not to argue with fabric that knows what it wants to become! Such interesting fabric and another great top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Louisa! And I totally agree that when a fabric tells you what it wants to be, it usually is right. I just had another fabric talk to me in that way--a fabric that's been sitting on one of the fabric shelves for at least a couple of years suddenly shouted out that it wanted to be a certain Marcy Tilton top. I listened again, the fabric was totally correct, and I have another blog entry in the works now.

      Delete
  2. What a great fabric! That would have come home with me, too. It looks great as the Adele!

    ReplyDelete